The children of South Africa, regardless of race or religion, are growing to adulthood in an age of change and challenge.
- To meet this challenge at SILVERFIELDS PRIMARY, an exceptionally dedicated, caring and well-qualified staff, under the leadership of our Principal strive to:
- Nurture each individual and encourage that person to reach his or her full potential.
- Foster a non-racial atmosphere in which all South Africans feel inspired to participate fully.
- Groom our young people to fill leadership roles within our school and to prepare them for service to our country.
- Co-ordinate all school activities, academic, sporting and cultural in such a way that the holistic growth of each person is achieved.
- Involve the whole school community—pupils, teachers, parents and management in furthering these objectives.
- Sport is encouraged, not just because it promotes healthy physical growth and development, it is also a great character builder.
- We offer athletics, netball, soccer, rugby, cricket, hockey, cross country and tennis. Mini-sport codes include mini-soccer, mini-netball and mini-cricket.
- Pupils are encouraged to appreciate the arts, assisted by outings to appropriate productions.
- Visiting theatre companies are regularly invited to come and entertain the school.
- The school stages at least one full-scale production a year.
- The choice of cultural activities include chess and choir.
- With our blend of tradition, progressive thinking and constant self appraisal, we are proud of our school and what it has to offer your child.
We welcome visitors at any time.