Job role insights
February 12, 2024
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident students who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose.
The College’s Methodist focus offers our students important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where our students are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
The Girls’ College invites applications for the above-mentioned position which will be available from 1 September 2024. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills, disposition, and competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Arts and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE);
- A passion for the Visual Arts and teaching/learning in this area;
- A critical understanding of the IEB Visual Arts curriculum as well as international trends in Visual Arts education;
- A progressive interest in the development of young women;
- Maintain a diverse and inclusive teaching/learning environment;
- Enrich teaching/learning by including use of technology and additional learning resources as well as engaging and stimulating teaching practices;
- Demonstrate strength of character, integrity, and professionalism at all times;
- Communicate and collaborate with all members of the teaching/learning community in a positive, respectful, and open-minded way;
- Demonstrate self-motivation, organisational skills, flexibility, and innovation;
- Demonstrate an unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team;
- Show a willingness to commit to it the school ethos and its pastoral approach;
- Provide assistance, guidance, and supervision to students in the Additional Studio Time support programme, including senior student practical examination preparation, and run the Girls’ College Art Club;
- Plan for excursions by obtaining all the relevant approvals and liaise with service providers as necessary;
- Assist with additional workshops and setting up exhibitions as necessary;
- Demonstrate an understanding that this role will require work after hours; and
- Possession of a valid SACE certificate and proof of a sexual offender’s clearance certificate.
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 26 February 2024 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
Peter Place | Lyme Park | Sandton | 2191 Private Bag 2 | Randburg | 2125 | South Africa www.stithian.com
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer