Job role insights
February 12, 2024
Jeppe High School for Boys is Johannesburg's oldest public school having been established in 1890 in Fairview, Johannesburg. As noted in the book Historic Schools of South Africa "perhaps more than any other Johannesburg school, it reflects the history and the changing character of the city and has always been a melting pot for children of diverse socioeconomic, language and cultural backgrounds".
Recognised as one of South Africa's Top 20 boys' schools, the defining characteristics of the men it produces often centre on the principles of loyalty, honour, and friendship. Jeppe's ability to shape the character of boys into men is its greatest success.
Full-Time Educator Vacancy: Jeppe High School for Boys has exciting opportunities for suitably qualified and experienced teachers in the following academic role:
(Please note general requirements below, prior to application)
● Afrikaans FAL Educator
The starting date of the appointment will be for the start of the 3rd Term of the 2024 academic year, as per the Department of Basic Education calendar. Where possible, the candidate may be appointed to a Gauteng Department of Education position.
General Requirements for positions:
● The successful candidate would ideally have at least three years of teaching experience and should be innovative, technologically able and willing to play a full and significant role in their department.
● The successful candidate will be passionate about their subject and teaching as a profession.
● Jeppe High School for Boys is committed to employing outstanding classroom educators who are also prepared, and are expected, to contribute significantly to the extramural and pastoral life of the school.
● All applicants must be SACE registered and are required to provide evidence of this before any interview takes place.
● Experience within a similar school would be an advantage but is not essential if other criteria are met.
● Experience as an external marker, or a desire to do so, will be highly advantageous.
Applications can be submitted via direct email to email@example.com.
All applications must include:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter
- Names and contact details of at least two references
- SACE Registration number
Closing date for applications is Friday, 01 March 2024.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The appointment of candidates is at the discretion of Jeppe High School for Boys. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens or persons with a valid work permit only. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
The School reserves the right not to proceed with filling this post.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Under the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came into effect on 1 July 2021, all organisations and schools alike have a legal obligation to manage the personal information it processes appropriately, by applying specific principles and conditions.
Our school is committed to ensuring the security and protection of your personal information and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection.
Jeppe High School for Boys is located on the corner of Roberts Avenue and Good Hope Street